As I was working out in the yard today, I kept hearing a beeping sound coming from the neighbors house. When I started to smell smoke, I put things together and ran next door. No one at home, a smoke alarm going off, and smoke coming from the kitchen. The neighbor had left the stove on with a pan on the burner, and smoke was pouring out from underneath it. The smoke was even coming out from under the eaves of the house. I ran over, pounded on the door, and tried to open it, but found it locked. So I called 911 and waited for the F.D. When my neighbor came home to a fire truck in her front yard, I tried to explain what was happening. She said that she better hurry to let them inside (I sheepishly explained that the firefighters had already forced open the door). Everything turned out fine, and Henry got to see a fire truck up close!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
911: What is Your Emergency?
As I was working out in the yard today, I kept hearing a beeping sound coming from the neighbors house. When I started to smell smoke, I put things together and ran next door. No one at home, a smoke alarm going off, and smoke coming from the kitchen. The neighbor had left the stove on with a pan on the burner, and smoke was pouring out from underneath it. The smoke was even coming out from under the eaves of the house. I ran over, pounded on the door, and tried to open it, but found it locked. So I called 911 and waited for the F.D. When my neighbor came home to a fire truck in her front yard, I tried to explain what was happening. She said that she better hurry to let them inside (I sheepishly explained that the firefighters had already forced open the door). Everything turned out fine, and Henry got to see a fire truck up close!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! SO intense! Glad everyone was alright.
ReplyDelete