Sunday, June 13, 2010
In The Garden
This recent cool and moist weather has been perfect for spinach, but seemingly terrible for 90% of the people who voice their opinions loudly for me to hear at work. I talked to a lady at a garage sale this Saturday who said that her spinach has already bolted (gone to seed, which makes leaves taste bitter). That causes me to think that my garden has cooler conditions (temperature wise) than most others, because my spinach has not bolted and most of my flowers bloom later than other gardens that I observe. Hmmmm... Well, on that note, the first bread seed poppy has bloomed for me (later than the ones down the street!). I have the light purple/pink variety, though I keep looking for the beautiful deep dark purple variety that I seeded last year. Perhaps one of these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment