Monday, June 20, 2011

Hopefully by High Summer...

IF the slugs don't take them out, and IF I am faithful to water, and IF they are not trampled by size 6 children's boots, and IF I have not planted too late nor too early, and IF they are placed properly, then PERHAPS I will have dahlias and zinnias giving a colorful show again this season.
This Playmobil Helicopter Pilot helps give perspective to the size of an emerging dahlia.
And here by the pilot's left foot is the emerging purple shoot of a dahlia tuber. 

Ah, the pilot here would have to use a Playmobil ladder to climb up this dahlia plant.


Our good pilot is standing next to a zinnia seedling that I transplanted.
Will the slugs nibble the vulnerable plant to a mere stub?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE zinnias!!!!
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. put some beer out for the slugs, they will think there is a party and die happy! Its a great way to distract them from tasty zinnias!:o)(kc)

    ReplyDelete