My firstborn is now a preschooler.
If ever I have felt such a strange mixture of sadness and hopefulness, I think it is now.
Just don't grow up too fast, my dear November.
I love you.
 |
| A quiet brother-free moment before getting ready for school. |
 |
| I was sad just watching Lisa make that first lunch. |
 |
| The schoolboy on the left, the boot camp candidate on the right. |
 |
| He even has a fresh haircut for his first day. |
 |
| In uniform and heading in. |
 |
| Name tracing with Mama. |
 |
| Son, stay away from the bossy girls in the kitchen!!! |
My handsome grandson, Henry - Grammie is so very proud of you and I know you will do well. I love your uniform and remember someone else who wore a uniform in his early childhood school years many years ago! My prayers & love are with you every day.
ReplyDeleteWow, Henry you're such a brave grown-up boy! So proud!
ReplyDeletethis brought tears to my eyes.... i can remember to this day, the feeling of walking away from the classroom on the very first day of school for each of our kids... as parents our hearts get stretched and pulled in so many directions. henry will do well with this new transition and so will you and lisa and the boot camp kid!(will mr. boot camp be wearing a military uniform?) love you guys! (kc)
ReplyDeleteOk so I cried looking at these pictures. So happy for my sweet nephew!! I love the uniform! Proud of you Henry!
ReplyDeleteAJ
Yay! So proud of you Henry!!! ~ MJ
ReplyDeleteHappy first day, November! And hugs to mama and papa. Good job all around!
ReplyDelete