Saturday, September 24, 2011

To IKEA We Went

For an anniversary present, my Mother blessed Lisa and I with money for a new mattress. After much research and planning, today was the pickup day. Thanks, Mom.
Testing out the floor model.
The carts at IKEA have all-wheel swiveling capabilities, so I frequently put my test pilot into spin mode.

Joy in the plant section.


Looking for strangers to talk to while Brother investigates mischief  possibilities.

Listening to the stack of chairs?

Full-bore run to an awaiting Mama.

Pointing out the benefit of delivery service.

A successful strapping job.

Lunch time.

This is before he fell over in his chair.

Using the left over cardboard packaging as a toboggan.
And of course, the ultimate break-in test was performed by our team of highly-trained engineers...

3 comments:

  1. And how did we sleep last night? We had the same mattress for 12 years and just last month traded ours out for the one in the guest room (which happens to be an IKEA one, and whenever anyone stays with us commented on its comfort). I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I spin Nils like that in the cart too...only I'm surprised there was room to do that on a Saturday...usually it's like wall to wall people there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann.
    I really like the mattress. Glad you like yours,too.
    For a Saturday, IKEA was not too bad.
    (we went just after opening time!)

    ReplyDelete