Monday, May 14, 2012

Visa Or Mastercard?

I instantly became suspicious when I returned home from work to receive an explanation of how a certain individual acted in an age-appropriate manner earlier in the day, which meant that I needed to fix a little problem. It would appear that Lisa was making an online purchase, left her credit card next to the computer for a few seconds while she went to the other room. (key ingredients to any fiasco around here.) Sure enough, she returned to find her card missing, and a cheerful voice talking about "watching a videlo". Yep: Card inserted into the disc slot on the good 'ol Macbook. 
The surgical procedure to remedy the situation is documented here for posterity.
Locate disc slot where credit card is purported to be.

Remove outer cover to laptop in question.
Visibly locate card by following cries for help.

After wondering what else I could have been doing with the time it took to get a credit card out of a laptop, use non-Apple approved methods to ease out the card enough to get a grip on it.

Voila! The card is out safe, and the culprit knows that the laptop is not to be used as an ATM. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!

    This is your other daytime job! A Mac techi! Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! :o) (kc)

    ReplyDelete