Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Visit Away

Hawthorne and November
On the ferry did go,
With Mama and luggage
And snacks in tow.

They've gone for a visit,
They've gone away.
Be back 'round Sunday,
From up North, eh!?

Yes, Mama and the boys have gone up for a family visit, leaving me with some time for projects and quiet time. (It is quiet here!) Today I started attending to the latest fixer-upper job for which I am probably not qualified, but the first part went well. At the end of the day, I put the tools down, and treated myself to a movie at The Rose.
I walked a little too deep in thought, and missed the ideal bus.
Thankfully, a bus driver that I know spotted me later and pulled over for me.




 Bats were out, swooping over the lagoon catching insects. 

2 comments:

  1. it looks like you had a splendid adventure indeed! i'll bet it is quiet around the homestead. if it gets too quiet please feel free to wander over to the clum house! what are you doing on the 4th of july? we are bbq-ing with the hankes and the rawlins at our house. we would love to have the lone olson homeboy join us! (kc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Danika and I just saw Moonrise Kingdom Saturday... loved it. We want to see it again. What did you think? Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete