Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ten Things About This One



1. I love this boy.
2. He surprised a lot of people last week during a game of Duck, Duck, Goose. He got the concept of tagging and chasing. I love him surprising the world with his learning.
3. He often wakes up early, walks from his room into ours, climbs into bed with us, and puts an arm lovingly around one of us.
4. He thinks it is funny if I sing a familiar tune to him in a Cockney accent.
5. A few weeks ago I visited the clinic where he receives physical therapy. When he came out after his session, he saw me and gave me the biggest grin and hug. That really made my day.
6. He likes Richard Scarry books, just like Lisa and I do (and did, as little children). He takes in the details of all those funny illustrations.
7. Some things take a very long time for him to learn, but I feel double the joy when he shows progress.
8. There is a nice lady who works at the bakery that has a fondness for the boys when they visit. The other day she took them both into the back of the bakery so that Henry could watch the ceiling fans. (he is FASCINATED with spinning ceiling fans.)
9. I love his slowly emerging speech skills, like the following: (with book in hand) "Please, you book read now!"
10. He has this jaunty run that he does when he has a burst of happiness, and I want that picture in my mind forever.

7 comments:

  1. in response... things i love about this boy too. his smile. when he says "hi". when he gives me a big hug around the neck. When he puts his hands in the air and ask me to lift him "uppie". (kc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 2 posts about your boys are just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KC: Thanks for that response!
    Tania: Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've mentioned to you that you should be writing for your local rag. With your passion for the boys, the garden and along with your photography you would bring a lot of pleasure to lot of people. Who knows where it could lead, another J K Rowling perhaps?
    From a Welshman who is a regular reader of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Brian! You're a great Dad :) ~ MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, oh Welshman of great appetite!
    Thanks, MJ, the boys love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Henry! Biggest Fan!
    AJ

    ReplyDelete