Sunday, March 4, 2012

Time For Seeds

According to my trusty gardening guide, the time is here for the sowing of peas and hardy greens. Spinach is one of the main requests that I receive from the Olson executive chef. Arugula is also a favorite, both as a salad green and an easy to grow substitute for the ever elusive (to me) basil. Peas are a favorite of the boys, and I like it that the seed size is such that they can help sow it in the ground. This afternoon I walked with the boys down to purchase the first seeds and visit Lisa at her work. Looking forward to the growing season!
March is here. Time to get started!
The walk to see Mama included the obligatory stop to watch the ducks.

Running over the bridge at the lagoon.


Adding the seeds to the cart.

A green start.

Waiting for Mama.

She bought us muffins.

Soup and juice.

An excellent juice mustache.

He looks like his Granddad.

Going,  going, gone!

And good to the last drop!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad jealousy is a sin because I am very, very tempted to be jealous! What book is that you have? I need one--I don't even know when I can start planting here. I didn't know Arugula was a sub. for basil--I wonder if I could grow it inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nephews of mine are oh so cute! ~ MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. time for seed planting... reminds me that the warmth of spring is on its way... kc

    ReplyDelete