Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Art Walk

The Art Walk happens on the first Saturday evening of each month, downtown.
It is very well attended, and some people even dress up for it.
They walk from gallery to gallery, viewing the paintings, sculptures, and jewelry that artists have made.
Wine and finger foods are served (perhaps that is why I was the only person actually looking at those paintings...).
Nevertheless, we forged ahead with Hawthorne & November, trying to instill a little culture (beyond the Hot Wheels section at Target).

And here we have a very crowded room full of people talking in loud voices  while sipping wine and spilling finger food. Not an ideal Brian Olson atmosphere.


Ah, a few less people in my favorite gallery, and I am actually able to view the paintings up close with Hawthorne. 

The alleyways downtown are always a draw.


And the classic auto shop is always a favorite for window shopping.

Construction continues downtown...

...which means the diggers are still there!

Hooray!


3 comments:

  1. Nice! I didn't know they had a kids' play area down there! :) Sorry we missed bumping into you guys. Lovely shots. And by the bye, you should enter my book giveaway contest... as a fellow read-a-holic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Faith.
    We must have passed on opposite streets.
    I will look into that contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw you downtown that night. You were hurrying down a side street and Bob and I were hurrying to catch the movie at the Rose. Just seeing you all was much less satisfying than a visit. We miss you! The Littles

    ReplyDelete